Step up to THEATREVIEW – take ownership!
Theatreview has allowed New Zealand's performing arts profession to create and sustain its own online ‘community and make itself visible to the world at large in a highly accessible way. It is time for the profession to own it.
Theatreview reviews NZ's professional performing arts:
- in a timely way, and
- without a word-limit, thereby
- writing your work and everyone else's into the historical, searchable, record.
- comments on reviews
- debate on relevant issues via the Forums, and
- news for the Headlines and Deadlines sections.
Theatreview creates a production page for every show which:
- displays in the Coming Up section in the run-up to opening night
- then sits behind every review of that show, and
- remains on the historical record as a searchable resource.
If the performing arts profession – the creative practitioners, artisans, performing arts companies and co-ops, venues, facilities providers, training institutions, academics and all other related organisations – value Theatreview, they need to take ownership of it by signing up to the NZ Performing Arts Directory (PAD).
- hyperlinks your name to your membership page every time it appears on Theatreview
- puts you one click away from anyone wanting to buy or hire your goods or services.
Other points to note:
- Public funding (e.g. through CNZ) has been very welcome but every dollar that comes to Theatreview does not go to other applicants, so the more self-supporting Theatreview can be the better.
- To make Theatreview a subscription-only site would be counter-productive because we all want the general public – our audiences – to have free access.
Please join the NZ Performing Arts Directory (PAD) now and/or encourage your colleagues to do the same. You get to manage your own profile page with as much or as little information as you please. The costs per annum are:
- Individual: $36
- Co-op / creative partnership: $72, and
- Company / organisation: $108.
To offer a koha/donation, go here
This action needs to be taken NOW or Theatreview will not survive past 2012.
Please send this link to this page to your networks: http://www.theatreview.org.nz/news/news.php?id=1144