Downstage Theatre is New Zealand's longest running professional theatre, and is an essential component of Wellington and NZs arts and cultural fabric. As a sector leader, Downstage is positioning itself at the forefront of contemporary arts practice, focusing on artistic product, consumer experience and measurable indirect benefits to the arts community through a variety of annual programmes.
The Manager, Finance and Systems works towards the long-term sustainability of Downstage through exemplary financial management, office administration and staff support services, and functions as a deputy to the Director.
Your role includes:
- management of financial operations of the theatre
- management of the office and administrative systems including IT
- staff and partner support services including managing reporting to core funders
- management of payroll and bookkeeping personnel
You will need:
- strong financial skills and experience in building budgets, including monthly financial reports for a team of staff and the Downstage Theatre Trust Board
- solid office administration and systems development experience, and
- some knowledge of the NZ theatre/arts industry as well as demonstrated cultural respect and understanding of issues facing culturally diverse & disadvantaged communities.
Experience in a relevant position is a must, as is the commitment to working at a high level to tight deadlines in a small team environment.
Please send us a covering letter outlining why you wish to work with Downstage, and your CV by 5pm, Friday 5 March 2010 to:
04 802 6395