November 12, 2010
Thanks to everyone who could come out on Wednesday night, we hope you all had as great a night as us at the first ever SWANZ!* We had an amazing turnout, and we wanted to thank everyone for supporting the writing industry.
It was so nice to feel the camaraderie in the room after the industry difficulties of the past month or so, and it’s just great to get together and celebrate the importance of what we’re all doing.
And the 2010 SWANZ winners are…
- Best Feature Film Script: The Strength of Water by Briar Grace-Smith
- Best Short Film Script: Manurewa by Sam Peacocke
- Best Television Drama Script: Bloodlines by Donna Malane and Paula Boock
- Best Television Comedy Script: The Jaquie Brown Diaries by Gerard Johnstone
- Best Play: Ghost Train by Fiona Samuel
- New Writer Award: Sam Peacocke
- Industry mentor Award: Roger Horrocks
Congratulations again to all the finalists and winners, and all of you who entered. Thanks to all the hardworking volunteers, Oscar for your awesome MCing, and everyone else who helped make it such a great night.
*Scriptwriters Awards NZ
New Zealand Writers Guild