October 25, 2011
New Work Line Producer (Contract Position) Are you interested in producing the development of the first full-length work for a dynamic new arts organisation in 2012?
The New Zealand Dance Advancement Trust, the charitable trust operating the New Zealand Dance Company, seeks high quality applicants with a minimum of 3 years (or 4 projects) experience for a contract position as New Zealand Dance Company’s 2012 Line Producer – full length work.
The New Zealand Dance Company is a vibrant new arts company recently funded by Creative New Zealand for a two year programme of activity. Our vision is to create a sustainable, permanent, high-calibre dance company, with an Auckland home that contributes to the fabric of NZ culture and is dedicated to NZ’s finest contemporary dance practitioners.
Your primary role will be to successfully produce an outstanding development period and secure presentation opportunities.
You will also contribute to the realisation of key elements of the company’s strategic plan — particularly to grow the artform and grow the audience for contemporary dance in Aotearoa.
You will report to and work closely with the Executive/Artistic Director, Shona McCullagh and General Manager, Frances Turner and Company Producer, Dolina Wehipeihana to deliver the development of a new full length work by the New Zealand Dance Company in Auckland and associated events which may include showings, fundraising events and community and education outreach initiatives.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- manage a team including the Production Manager
- work closely with choreographers, production and creative team
- finalise the production planning and implement the logistical aspects of the project
- manage the project budget
- secure additional funding or provision of in-kind services as required
- manage contracting with staff, venues and other suppliers
- producing merchandise and season marketing collateral
- key liaison with venue(s)
- communication with key suppliers and company staff
- presentation at PANNZ 2012.
- previous experience in producing successful projects
- demonstrated ability to manage timelines and budgets
- strong administrative and organisational skills
- the ability to work closely with both the management, production and artistic staff and other multi-disciplinary teams as required
- flexible availability during production periods
- excellent people and management skills
- a passion for developing a new arts company.
The contract position will include a handover period from the Company Producer in December 2011, part-time contract Jan – December 2012 with a rehearsal/development period Feb 14 – March 25 2012.
To apply please supply your CV and a covering letter detailing why you think you are a suitable candidate for this position, with two referees to Caroline Bindon at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday October 28th 2011. Please note that your covering letter will form part of the short listing process.
For further information please contact Caroline Bindon at email@example.com