October 25, 2011
First Season Line Producer (Contract Position)
Are you interested in producing the inaugural public season for a dynamic new arts organisation in 2012?
The New Zealand Dance Advancement Trust, the charitable trust operating the New Zealand Dance Company, seeks high quality applicants with a minimum of 3 years (or 4 projects) experience for a contract position as New Zealand Dance Company’s 2012 Line Producer – Launch Tour.
The New Zealand Dance Company is a vibrant new arts company recently funded by Creative New Zealand for a two year programme of activity. Our vision is to create a sustainable, permanent, high-calibre dance company, with an Auckland home that contributes to the fabric of NZ culture and is dedicated to NZ’s finest contemporary dance practitioners.
Your primary role will be to successfully produce an outstanding public launch season.
You will also contribute to the realisation of key elements of the company’s strategic plan — particularly to grow the artform and grow the audience for contemporary dance in Aotearoa.
You will report to and work closely with the Executive/Artistic Director, Shona McCullagh and General Manager, Frances Turner and Company Producer, Dolina Wehipeihana to deliver the premiere season of the New Zealand Dance Company in Auckland, subsequent upper North Island Tour and associated events which may include special previews, fundraising gala and opening night events, and community and education outreach initiatives.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- manage a team including the Production Manager
- work closely with choreographers and the creative team
- finalise the production planning and implement the logistical aspects of the project
- manage the project budget
- secure additional funding or provision of in-kind services as required
- manage contracting with staff, venues and other suppliers
- produce merchandise and season marketing collateral
- key liaison with venue(s)
- communication with key suppliers and company staff
- presentation at PANNZ 2012.
- previous experience in producing successful projects
- demonstrated ability to manage timelines and budgets
- strong administrative and organisational skills
- the ability to work closely with both the management, production and artistic staff and other multi-disciplinary teams as required
- flexible availability during production periods
- excellent people and management skills
- a passion for developing a new arts company.
This is an exciting opportunity to help launch a new NZ arts company and you will enjoy our collaborative, energetic and professional environment, but you will need to be an experienced Line Producer.
The contract position will include a handover period from the Company Producer in December 2011, part-time contract Jan – August 2012 with a full-time period 18 June – 30 July 2012.
To apply please supply your CV and a covering letter detailing why you think you are a suitable candidate for this position, with two referees to Caroline Bindon at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday October 28th 2011. Please note that your covering letter will form part of the short listing process.
For further information please contact Caroline Bindon at email@example.com