February 3, 2014
RESULTS OF CREATIVE NEW ZEALAND’S DANCE REVIEW
During 2013 Creative New Zealand reviewed its funding priorities, programmes and initiatives for supporting New Zealand dance.
As a result of your comments and suggestions we are making changes to how we support dance. Our aim is to strike the right balance between supporting individual artists and choreographers and long-term support for dance companies.
What are the main changes?
Creative New Zealand will:
- increase the value of the biennial Creative New Zealand Choreographic Fellowship to $100,000, from $65,000
- introduce a new funding priority for Arts and Quick Response Grants to encourage the development and presentation of high quality dance works
- be specific about the services provided to the dance sector by the organisation fulfilling the Dance Services key role funded through our Toi Tōtara Haemata (Arts Leadership) Investment Programme
- investigate the feasibility of establishing an agency to support domestic touring of New Zealand dance works
- work with selected dance companies to increase audiences for New Zealand dance.