February 4, 2015
ARTS ACCESS CREATIVE NEW ZEALAND ARTS FOR ALL AWARD 2015
Kia ora tatou,
I’m excited to announce that nominations are now open for the Arts Access Awards 2015, which will be held at Parliament on Wednesday 1 July. The nomination round will close at 5pm Monday 2 March.
The Arts Access Awards are the key national awards in New Zealand celebrating the outstanding achievements of individuals and organisations working to enhance the artistic lives of people with limited access to the arts.
As a member of the Arts For All Wellington Network, this is a great opportunity to nominate your organisation or another organisation for the Arts Access Creative New Zealand Arts For All Award 2015. This award recognises a performing arts company, festival, venue, producer, gallery or museum that best demonstrates its commitment to developing its audiences by becoming more accessible to disabled or Deaf people.
To be eligible, the nominee will:
- be a New Zealand performing arts company, festival, venue, producer, gallery or museum
- be able to demonstrate it has improved its access for disabled or Deaf people between January 2014 and up to the nomination closing date of 2 March 2015
- not be a previous recipient of the Big ‘A’ Creative New Zealand Arts For All Award or Arts Access Creative New Zealand Arts For All Award
The recipient of this award receives $2,500, to be used to enhance its accessibility. It includes travel and accommodation for one representative to attend the awards ceremony.
The media release and the following documents are also on our website here :
- Arts Access Creative New Zealand Arts For All Award 2015 nomination form
- Frequently Asked Questions (important to read)
The deadline for nominations to be received is 5pm Monday 2 March.
The Arts Access Awards 2015 comprise of six awards, including two Prison Arts awards. You may like to nominate your organisation or another person or organisation for any of the following awards:
- Arts Access CQ Hotels Wellington Community Partnership Award 2015, recognises a mutually beneficial partnership between two or more organizations or groups actively engaged in a community-based arts project. The partnership and the project promote diversity and create opportunities for people with limited access to participate in the arts.
- Arts Access Creative Space Award 2015, celebrates the outstanding contribution and impact of a creative space that provides opportunities for people with limited access to make art across any or all artforms.
- Arts Access Artistic Achievement Award 2015, recognises the outstanding artistic achievements and contribution of a practising disabled or sensory impaired artist.
You will find the nomination forms for these awards on our website here. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like more information. You can request a nomination form to be mailed to you.
We look forward to reading your nomination.
Ngā mihi nui
Community Development Co-ordinator
Arts Access Aotearoa|Whakahauhau Katoa O Hanga
Book your accommodation through Kiwi Karma and support Arts Access Aotearoa.