August 11, 2016
FESTIVAL & EVENT PRODUCER: NZ Comedy Trust
The New Zealand Comedy Trust is a not-for-profit charitable organisation – with a focus on championing the art of laughter so that more people laugh more often.
For over 20 years, we’ve passionately showcased the most exciting comedians from New Zealand and throughout the world at the annual NZ International Comedy Festival. The Festival is held over three weeks in Auckland and Wellington before a “best of” showcase tours regionally across New Zealand.
The Trust also works to support the wider comedy industry, with a specific focus on assisting comedians to professionally develop their craft, network and establish themselves a career in comedy.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Festival & Event Producer oversees the programming, operations and administration of the the NZ International Comedy Festival as well as other New Zealand Comedy Trust events and industry development initiatives. In addition, the position is responsible for developing, implementing and documenting operational strategies, systems and practices.
Specifically, the role involves:
- Producing the NZ International Festival and other Trust events & initiatives.
- Co-ordinating the annual Festival Programme.
- Leading the Operations Team to achieve strategic and operational goals with wider organizational objectives.
- Developing strategies to enhance services to artists, customers, promoters and venues.
- Positive stakeholder relationship management.
- Overseeing Festival Ticketing and Box Office operations.
- Managing all event and production contractual requirements.
- Recruitment of specialist expertise to meet project requirements.
To succeed in the role, you will meet most of the following key criteria:
- A passion for comedy and live performance.
- Experience and network within the NZ and/or international comedy industry
- Demonstrated experience as a successful Producer within the live performance and/or event industries.
- Demonstrated experience of having worked in a festival environment.
- Understanding of the technical production requirements to stage live performance and ability to communicate accordingly.
- Demonstrated experience with event management, venue operations and ticketing.
- Proven leadership and relationship management skills.
- Effective time management and planning skills, along with an eye for detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A high level of self-motivation and enthusiasm.
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a small, dedicated team.
- Sound financial management skills
- Sound practical understanding of modern Workplace Health & Safety Principles.
As with the nature of this industry, the successful applicant will be required to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings if required.
This is a permanent full-time position, based in Auckland Central. Applications for this position close at 5pm on Monday 15 Aug 2016.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person – apply online now!
How to apply
Apply online at www.comedyfestival.co.nz