November 27, 2018
TUTOR – Set & Props – Toi Whakaari: New Zealand Drama School
Wellington City – Wellington
VACANCY: SET & PROPS TUTOR (0.5)
We have an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified person to join our team as a part‐time Tutor for our recently introduced diploma in set and props construction (NZ Diploma in Scenic Construction and Properties). This is a unique opportunity to provide students with a variety of skills that will lead to employment in film, theatre and allied industries, working alongside a dedicated team of teachers, industry specialists and creative practitioners.
We are seeking an experienced and accomplished professional who is able to work collaboratively across departments. They will be seen as an expert in their field, well connected within their industry and will be expected to carry that forward in all areas of their role. They will support the Head of Set & Props to develop the training programme and deliver that training across a broad range of skills and techniques. They will be expected to provide sound assessment, feedback, and support to students throughout their journey at Toi Whakaari.
We welcome candidates who have:
- A related qualification in the field of construction or design (or relevant skills and experience)
- Minimum of five years professional practice
- Experience of teaching or supporting the learning experience of others
- Proven ability to work in a creative and collaborative environment
- Strong decision‐making skills.
It is desirable that the successful candidate has the ability to teach in at least two of the following areas:
- Scenic Carpentry,
- Metal Fabrication,
- CNC technologies and associated CAD software,
- Sculpting, Carving and Moulding & Casting,
- Rapid Prototyping,
- Scenic Art,
- Visual Effects.
- Strong industry networks.
An interest in working within a tikanga marae framework and an understanding and appreciation of te ao Maori would be an advantage.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
To apply (or to enquire further about this opportunity), please click here.